Using the import/export feature in Shopit, you can now import your category listing quickly and simply, before rearranging it later.
Create your Categories List
- Create a simple spreadsheet.
- The first line will be ignored as Shopit expects this to be 'Category Name' or something similar.
- List all your category names
- If you enter them as though they are nested, it will make reordering them easier later
Importing your Category List
- Go to Settings > Import/Export > Import Categories
- Choose the Sales Channel you wish to import them into
- Browse and attach the css file
Reordering the results
Shopit doesn't automatically indent / nest the categories relationally. Our drag and drop sysmte makes it easy though to now order those categories
Unordered after initial import:
After using the drag and drop feature to reorder your categories:
The numbers in brackets next to the category title indicate the Category ID - used for importing. To see what items are contained within each category, hover over the category and click the Prioritise Products button.